She was diagnosed with being bipolar at 30. Yet, she still won 600+ basketball games. Meet Coach Joanne P McCallie
Episode 76 of the Grateful Living Podcast is out!
Had the pleasure to speak with Joanne P. McCallie, former head coach at Duke Women’s Basketball, a mental health advocate, and author of “Secret Warrior” which came out this year and details her journey being diagnosed as bipolar when she was 30 years old.
Coach P Coached at University of Maine, Michigan State University and Duke University over her 28 years of coaching.
In this interview, Coach P talks about:
* Her advice to HS players trying to play D1 college basketball
* Her advice to Graduate Assistants on becoming an Assistant Coach and then a Head Coach one day
* How she managed being a Head Coach at 26 and her advice to young coaches
* Her time at UMaine, Michigan State, Duke
* How her mental health challenges began and how she was diagnosed with being bipolar
* Her advice on how she’s personally and professionally done well living with being bipolar