Becoming an Executive Producer at CNN: Roni Selig
Episode 74 of the Grateful Living Podcast is out!
Had the pleasure to speak with Roni Selig, an Emmy, Peabody, and DuPond award-winning multi-platform media executive.
She is now the Executive Producer/Gen Partner of RonMar Studios along with Marcie Mule.
Prior to that, she was the Executive Producer for Dr. Sanjay Gupta at CNN for 10 years.
In this interview, Roni talks about:
- Getting into TV industry and growing from an Assistant to the Line Producer (Good Morning America) to becoming an Executive Producer (LIFETIME) in 6 years
- Being an Executive producer and also experiencing management roles i.e. the Senior Vice President of East Coast Programming and Development for Disney’s Buena Vista Productions from 2004–2008
- Her advice to anyone just starting out in the TV/film industry or to anyone wanting to become an executive producer
- How she managed her personal and professional life
- Collaborations and mentors who helped shape her career.